James Cook University
James Cook University is a public university in North Queensland, Australia. The second oldest university in Queensland, JCU is a teaching and research institution. The university’s main campuses are located in the tropical cities of Cairns and Townsville, and one in the city state of Singapore.
James Cook University operates three main campuses, located in the tropical cities of Cairns and Townsville in Australia, and the international city of Singapore. JCU’s Brisbane campus offers courses for international students. The university also operates study centres in Mackay, Mount Isa, Thursday Island and Rockhampton. These study centres provide programs and support for students living in rural and remote areas.
A Brisbane campus, operated by Russo Higher Education, delivers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to international students. The university’s main fields of research include environmental sciences, biological sciences, mathematical sciences, earth sciences, agricultural and veterinary sciences, technology and medical and health sciences.
There are five main levels of the English language requirement for an Australia visa:-
- Functional Level
- Vocational Level
- Competent Level
- Proficient Level
- Superior Level
- Participate in an eligible course of study
- Bring family members to Australia with you
- Apply online in or outside Australia
- Work unlimited hours in any sector.
- See Temporary changes to visa work conditions for Students and Working Holiday Makers.
- Be enrolled in a course of study and provide evidence.
- Make welfare arrangements if you are under 18 years.
- Have adequate health insurance.
- Have this visa if applying while in Australia.
- Have enough money for your stay.
- Be a genuine temporary entrant.
- Acceptance letter: You will need to have an acceptance letter from a recognized educational institution in Australia.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement: You must provide a GTE statement, which is a personal statement that outlines your intentions for studying in Australia and your plans for returning to your home country after completing your studies.
- Financial proof: You will need to show proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs to and from Australia, such as bank statements or a letter from your sponsor.
- Health and character requirements: You will need to meet certain health and character requirements, which may involve undergoing a medical examination and obtaining a police clearance certificate.
- English language proficiency: You may need to demonstrate your English language proficiency by providing test scores from a recognized English language test, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): You must obtain OSHC, which is a health insurance policy that provides medical coverage for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- Visa application fee: You will need to pay a fee for your Australia student visa, which can vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality.
One-stop solution for students to fulfill their dream
Standford Study Abroad
Fill in the form to get in touch with our counsellor’s
Interested in joining?
Contact Us For Information About New Student Admissions