Southern cross university
Southern Cross University is an Australian public university, with campuses at Lismore and Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales, and at Coolangatta, the most southern suburb of the Gold Coast in Queensland. The Southern Cross Model divides the academic year into six-week terms. You’ll study a maximum of two units (subjects) in any one term as a full-time student.
Southern Cross University is ranked 33rd in Australia/New Zealand according to the QS World University Rankings. The university has been ranked at the 101-110th best universities in the Asia-Pacific region for 2019 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
SCU was ranked number two in Australia for overall learning experience by the International Student Barometer 2015. Staff and students at Southern Cross University undertake research in a wide range of areas, including civil engineering, crop and pasture production, complementary and alternative medicine, ecology, education, environmental science and management, fisheries sciences, forestry sciences, geochemistry, human movement and sports science, human rights research, information technology, nursing, oceanography, policy and administration, philosophy and ethics, resources engineering and extractive metallurgy, tourism, and zoology.
There are five main levels of the English language requirement for an Australia visa:-
- Functional Level
- Vocational Level
- Competent Level
- Proficient Level
- Superior Level
- Participate in an eligible course of study
- Bring family members to Australia with you
- Apply online in or outside Australia
- Work unlimited hours in any sector.
- See Temporary changes to visa work conditions for Students and Working Holiday Makers.
- Be enrolled in a course of study and provide evidence.
- Make welfare arrangements if you are under 18 years.
- Have adequate health insurance.
- Have this visa if applying while in Australia.
- Have enough money for your stay.
- Be a genuine temporary entrant.
- Acceptance letter: You will need to have an acceptance letter from a recognized educational institution in Australia.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement: You must provide a GTE statement, which is a personal statement that outlines your intentions for studying in Australia and your plans for returning to your home country after completing your studies.
- Financial proof: You will need to show proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs to and from Australia, such as bank statements or a letter from your sponsor.
- Health and character requirements: You will need to meet certain health and character requirements, which may involve undergoing a medical examination and obtaining a police clearance certificate.
- English language proficiency: You may need to demonstrate your English language proficiency by providing test scores from a recognized English language test, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): You must obtain OSHC, which is a health insurance policy that provides medical coverage for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- Visa application fee: You will need to pay a fee for your Australia student visa, which can vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality.
One-stop solution for students to fulfill their dream
Standford Study Abroad
Fill in the form to get in touch with our counsellor’s
Interested in joining?
Contact Us For Information About New Student Admissions