University of Burgundy
University of Burgundy is a public university located in Dijon, France. The University of Burgundy is situated on a large campus (more than 150 ha) in the eastern part of Dijon called Campus Montmuzard, about 15 minutes by tram from the city centre. The humanities and sciences are well represented on the main campus, along with law, medicine, and literature in separate buildings.
The university counts 10 faculties, 4 engineering schools, 3 institutes of technology offering undergraduate courses, and 2 professional institutes providing post-graduate programmes. With numerous student societies and good support services for international and disabled students, the campus is a welcoming place with numerous CROUS restaurants and canteens providing subsidised food and snacks.
In 2018, the number of students was 30,917 divided into six areas, Dijon, Auxerre, Chalon-sur-Saône, Le Creusot, Mâcon and Nevers. The territorial areas (Dijon excepted) receive about 89% of the total of students. There are about 2,783 foreign students in 2018. 66% of the students are from Burgundy.
Test d’évaluation de français (TEF): The TEF is commonly used to assess proficiency in French. Different components of the test evaluate listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada): The TCF Canada is another French language test accepted for immigration purposes.
- Letter of acceptance
- Proof of identity
- Proof of ties to your home country
- Language proficiency
- Medical examination
- Proof of financial means
- Letter of acceptance: A valid letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. The letter should include details such as the course or program you have been accepted into, the duration of the program, and the start and end dates.
- Completed application form: You need to fill out the application form for a study permit. This form can be obtained from the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Proof of identity: A valid passport or travel document that will remain valid for the duration of your intended stay in Canada. Include photocopies of the passport’s identification pages.
- Proof of financial support: You must demonstrate that you have enough funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation. This can be shown through bank statements, scholarship letters, or proof of funding from a sponsor. The specific amount of funds required will depend on the institution and location of study.
- Educational documents: Academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates, or degrees from your previous educational institutions. These should show your academic history and qualifications.
- Language proficiency: Evidence of your language proficiency in English or French, depending on the language of instruction at your chosen institution. This can be demonstrated through language test scores, such as IELTS, TOEFL, CELPIP, or TEF.
Statement of purpose: A written statement explaining your reasons for studying in Canada, your intended program of study, and your future plans after completing your studies.
- Two recent passport-sized photos: Follow the specific photo requirements provided by the Canadian government.
- Family information: Details about your immediate family members, including their names, dates of birth, and current addresses.
- Medical examination: In some cases, you may need to undergo a medical examination by a designated panel physician to ensure you are in good health.
- Police clearance certificate: A police certificate or clearance from your home country or any other country where you have resided for more than six months in the past year.
- Biometric information: Depending on your country of residence, you may need to provide biometric information (fingerprints and a photograph) at a Visa Application Centre.
One-stop solution for students to fulfill their dream
Standford Study Abroad
Fill in the form to get in touch with our counsellor’s
Interested in joining?
Contact Us For Information About New Student Admissions