Banaras Hindu University
he university incorporated the Central Hindu College, founded by Indian Home Rule-leaguer and Theosophist, Annie Besant in 1898. After Besant and her associates were marginalized,the university was established by Madan Mohan Malaviya with the financial support of the maharaja of Dharbhanga Rameshwar Singh, the maharaja of Benares Prabhu Narayan Singh, and the lawyer Sunder Lal. With over 30,000 students, and 18,000 residing on campus, BHU is the largest residential university in Asia.
The university’s main campus, spread over 1,370 acres (5.5 km2), was built on land donated by the Kashi Naresh Prabhu Narayan Singh, the hereditary ruler of Banaras (“Kashi” being an alternative name for Banaras or Varanasi). The south campus, spread over 2,700 acres (11 km2) is built on land donated later by Maharaj Kumar Aditya Narayan Singh in Sunderpur.
It has over 65 hostels for resident students. Several of its faculties and institutes include Arts, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management Studies, Science, Performing Arts, Law, Agricultural Science, Medical Science, and Environment and Sustainable Development along with departments of Linguistics, Journalism & Mass Communication, among others.
Test d’évaluation de français (TEF): The TEF is commonly used to assess proficiency in French. Different components of the test evaluate listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada): The TCF Canada is another French language test accepted for immigration purposes.
- Letter of acceptance
- Proof of identity
- Proof of ties to your home country
- Language proficiency
- Medical examination
- Proof of financial means
- Letter of acceptance: A valid letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. The letter should include details such as the course or program you have been accepted into, the duration of the program, and the start and end dates.
- Completed application form: You need to fill out the application form for a study permit. This form can be obtained from the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Proof of identity: A valid passport or travel document that will remain valid for the duration of your intended stay in Canada. Include photocopies of the passport’s identification pages.
- Proof of financial support: You must demonstrate that you have enough funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation. This can be shown through bank statements, scholarship letters, or proof of funding from a sponsor. The specific amount of funds required will depend on the institution and location of study.
- Educational documents: Academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates, or degrees from your previous educational institutions. These should show your academic history and qualifications.
- Language proficiency: Evidence of your language proficiency in English or French, depending on the language of instruction at your chosen institution. This can be demonstrated through language test scores, such as IELTS, TOEFL, CELPIP, or TEF.
Statement of purpose: A written statement explaining your reasons for studying in Canada, your intended program of study, and your future plans after completing your studies.
- Two recent passport-sized photos: Follow the specific photo requirements provided by the Canadian government.
- Family information: Details about your immediate family members, including their names, dates of birth, and current addresses.
- Medical examination: In some cases, you may need to undergo a medical examination by a designated panel physician to ensure you are in good health.
- Police clearance certificate: A police certificate or clearance from your home country or any other country where you have resided for more than six months in the past year.
- Biometric information: Depending on your country of residence, you may need to provide biometric information (fingerprints and a photograph) at a Visa Application Centre.
One-stop solution for students to fulfill their dream
Standford Study Abroad
Fill in the form to get in touch with our counsellor’s
Interested in joining?
Contact Us For Information About New Student Admissions