We acknowledge that Murdoch University is situated on the lands of the Whadjuk and Binjareb Noongar people. We pay our respects to their enduring and dynamic culture and the leadership of Noongar elders past and present. The boodjar (country) on which Murdoch University is located has, for thousands of years, been a place of learning. We at Murdoch University are proud to continue this long tradition.
The main campus is on South Street, Perth, in the suburb of Murdoch, near the Kwinana Freeway (32.066°S 115.835°E). South Street campus is Australia’s geographically largest campus at 2.27 square kilometres (0.88 sq mi), arge enough to accommodate the veterinary school and its animal stocks—the only such school in Western Australia.
Features of the campus include the Joglo Rahayu (Peace Pavilion), a semi-enclosed pavilion near the Education and Humanities building. A monument to the ongoing association between Murdoch University and Indonesian academic institutions in Java, it acts as storage for the Western Australian Gamelan Orchestra.
Application Requirements for Study in Australia
Studying in Australia involves meeting certain language requirements to ensure that you can effectively participate in academic activities and communicate in an English-speaking environment. The language proficiency requirements may vary depending on the level of study and the institution. Here are some general guidelines:
English Language Proficiency Tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): IELTS is widely accepted in Australia. The minimum score required depends on the level of study and the institution, but a common requirement is an overall band score of 6.0 or higher for undergraduate programs and 6.5 or higher for postgraduate programs.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): TOEFL scores are also accepted. The minimum scores may vary, but a typical requirement is around 79-90 for undergraduate programs and 90-100 for postgraduate programs.
Pearson Test of English (PTE):
- The Pearson Test of English Academic is another accepted English proficiency test. Requirements may vary, but a score of 50-64 is often considered for undergraduate programs, and 65-79 for postgraduate programs.
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE):
- Some institutions accept the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) with a minimum score requirement. Typically, a score of 169-176 is considered for undergraduate programs, and 176-184 for postgraduate programs.
Occupational English Test (OET):
- OET is specifically designed for healthcare professionals, and some institutions may accept it for healthcare-related courses.
- Different universities may have specific language requirements, so it’s crucial to check the official website of the university you are interested in to find the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- In some cases, you may be exempt from providing proof of English proficiency if you have completed previous education in English or if English is your native language.
Student Visa requirements for Australia
Offer of Enrollment: You must have received an offer of enrollment or a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from an Australian education institution.
Course Confirmation: You need to be enrolled in a registered full-time course.
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirement: You must demonstrate that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily for the purpose of study and that you will leave Australia once your studies are completed.
Financial Capacity: You should have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and return airfares.
English Language Proficiency: You may need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency through recognized tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or equivalent, depending on the course and institution.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): You are required to maintain health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. This is known as Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Health and Character Requirements: You must meet health and character requirements. This may involve undergoing a medical examination and obtaining a police clearance certificate.
One-stop solution for students to fulfill their dream
Documents Required For an Australian Student Visa
- Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE): A valid Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) or an offer of enrollment from a registered Australian educational institution.
- Visa Application Form: A completed visa application form. This is usually done online through the official website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
- Visa Application Charge (VAC): Payment of the applicable Visa Application Charge (VAC). This fee can be paid online as part of the application process.
- Passport: A valid passport with at least six months’ validity beyond your intended period of stay in Australia.
- Passport-sized Photographs: Recent passport-sized photographs meeting specific requirements.
- English Language Proficiency: Evidence of your English language proficiency through recognized tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or equivalent.
- Academic Documents: Certified copies of your academic transcripts and certificates.
- Financial Documents: Evidence of your ability to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and return airfares. This may include bank statements, financial statements, or a letter of financial support.
- Health Insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover – OSHC): Proof of purchase of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- Statement of Purpose: A well-written statement of purpose outlining your intention to study in Australia, your future plans, and how the chosen course aligns with your career goals.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Statement: A statement addressing the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement, demonstrating your genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily for study purposes.
- Health and Character Documents: Health examination results (if required) and a police clearance certificate.
- Biometrics: Depending on your nationality, you may be required to provide biometrics.
Looking to Study in Australia
Fill in the form to get in touch with our counsellor’s
Interested in joining?
Contact Us For Information About New Student Admissions